Bindery Folder Operator
Bindery Chamblee, GA
Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding of printed materials to complete a finished product. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment). Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments. Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer. Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment. Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
- Ensures that production goals are met.
- Troubleshoots problems to maintain quality standards and to keep binding line equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Examines product frequently to ensure that it meets customer quality specifications.
- Pulls and inspects hourly run samples and notifies the Bindery Leader in the event quality standards are not being met.
- Cleans, lubricates and maintains assigned machine to ensure its optimum operation.
- May run the binding line in absence of the Bindery Leader.
- May coordinate the assignment of crew members.
- May provide training for new team members.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all Solution Delivery employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
- Previous experience in the operation of a binder machine or work in a printing environment
- Must be able to operator computers efficiently
- Prior experience as a Folding Operator a must
-Must be able to work in a team environment
-This position works 3 - 4 / 12-hour work days a week. Must be willing to work overtime and weekends.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer