Material Handler 2 - Swing shift
Bindery Kent, WA
Performs basic Bindery operations somewhat independently, and performs somewhat complex production tasks, as directed by supervision.
Trains team of Material Handler Level 1s and temporary employees per job ticket instructions and procedures, to include Hand Assembly and Small Equipment production as necessary to complete the scheduled work on time.
- Train Employees on how to perform assigned tasks.
- Monitor break times to ensure that employees report back to work areas as scheduled
- Monitors job quality by performing frequent quality inspections. Reports issues/problems in a timely manner to supervisor for resolution.
- Operate equipment, such as shrink wrap, hole punch etc.
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets as needed.
- Labels, packs, stacks, folds, tapes and inserts material/product per work instructions and procedures.
- Maintain and meet production and schedule timelines
- Adhere to quality control procedures
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with all employees and temporary workers.
- Ensures the work area is clean, organized and informs supervisor of suggestions or concerns
- Follows all safety procedures, and reports suggested improvements or concerns to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Participates fully in Continuous Improvement Activities.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Demonstrated ability to explain, direct and oversee teams of staff in performing functions requiring basic skills
- Must be detail oriented, efficient, self- motivated and have good cognitive skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently at a fast pace within a team environment
- Must be production, quality, and process oriented.
- Ability to perform basic math
- Must possess basic problem solving skills
- Ability to read, understand, explain and carry out written and oral instructions accurately
Swing Shift Hours: 2pm - 10pm M-F
Previous Bindery material handling experience, preferably in a print environment.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer