Imaging Operator (Vutek & HP)
Manufacturing Los Angeles, CA
Setup, operate and maintain Wide Format printers to produce assigned jobs by following job ticket requirements while maintaining production schedule.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently operate Wide Format printers such as a VUTEk GSr5000, Vutek GS 3200 and HP 11000 (or similar printing machines).
- Pull materials and set up printers as appropriate to produce jobs meeting the requirements as specified.
- Check first off runs to ensure that requirements are met and product matches proofs.
- Produce jobs per job tickets and verifies quality as job is run to insure no changes in quality or printer problems have developed that may produce spoilage.
- Maintain record of products produced.
- Manually record all necessary information per procedures.
- Enter all necessary job specification information in Pace software system.
- Move finished materials to appropriate location when complete.
- Clean up equipment and work area as needed.
- Perform appropriate maintenance on equipment as required and keep thorough logs
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible hours and flexible shifts
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- 2 years of Digital/WideFormat/printing experience.
- Laminating and/or mounting experience a plus.
- Zund cutter or router experience a plus.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have the ability to lift 35+ lbs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Stand for full 8 + hour shift.
- Be available to work overtime and weekends as customer demands dictate.
- Organization skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- General safety awareness and compliance.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask.
- A positive can do attitude towards external and internal customers.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer