Engineering Plainfield, IN
Provides support to manufacturing/production line(s), warehouse and offices in performing Industrial Engineering tasks.
All job responsibilities are to be performed in adherence with the companys Mission/Value statement and it Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrate strong leadership and problem solving skills to lead improvements across the organization.
- Define and establish for new business and new products in existing business production processes and targeted production rates and capacities.
- Conduct labor standard studies for existing processes to confirm and improve production rates and capacities.
- Recommend revision of methods of operation or material handling, alterations in equipment layout or other changes to improve productivity.
- Develop layouts for efficient flow and effective production. Understand Business IT specifics as applied to logistics.
- Identify and purchase required production equipment and tooling.
- Champion and lead continuous improvement, kaizen, lean manufacturing, and 5S initiatives throughout the facility. Understand and apply DMAIC methodology for improvements.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Recommend, manage and conduct cost improvement initiatives
2. Data Analysis
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
- Conduct regularly scheduled review of KPIs and gap analysis suggesting Cost Improvement initiatives
- Establish and drive the on-going tracking of CI metrics.
- Evaluate Site safety and ergonomic related issues
- Suggest improvements to minimize work related injuries.
4. Ability to train others in new processes and lean methodologies, including train the trainer.
5. Ability to handle multiple project assignments.
6. Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
7. Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training programs for the assigned position.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
- The incumbent reports directly to the Site Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor`s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university; and 1 - 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to use AutoCad, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required. The ability to use Microsoft Project and Access is a plus. The ability to apply lean manufacturing principles and tools. The position also requires a basic understanding of semi-automation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None are required.
MTM certification is desirable.
Six Sigma certification is desirable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulation, ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, operators, and the general public.
Ability to apply mathematical skills to such tasks as analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, statistical process control, and determination of test reliability and validity.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems, ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases and the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift items to a height of three to four feet and/or move items that weigh up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate a positive attitude on a consistent basis when working with others. TEAMWORK
The incumbent must demonstrate and promote teamwork on a consistent basis within the assigned department as well as across functional lines of operations. PERSONAL CONTACT
List the personal contacts (telephone, mail, face-to-face) the incumbent has in their daily work with people inside and outside the company. Include their functions (titles) and how frequently the incumbent interacts with them.
Daily Contact With
- Employees throughout the company
Frequent Contact With
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer