Account Manager 2
Sales Menasha, WI
Manage a team of customer service and project managers spread across 2-3 locations in the Midwest responsible for the service, production and delivery solutions for existing and new customers in the Print and Packaging Education Market space, utilizing a variety of RR Donnelley and supplier operations. Key responsibilities include: organizing and coordinating the responsibilities and activities of staff; developing, implementing and maintaining efficient business processes; participating in sales efforts to grow the business; partnering with key stakeholders to provide effective solutions for our customers and resolve issues; facilitate our ability to meet budget and forecast commitments; continuously improve the performance and efficiency of the business; and promote and insure the health and safety of all employees.
- Lead, coach, mentor, coordinate and motivate direct reports to achieve an optimum level of performance.
- Facilitate strong customer relationships either directly or indirectly, and advocate for the customer in the best interest of the company.
- Partner with diverse business groups to develop, implement, and maintain effective solutions for our customers.
- Drive high performance for our customers and business with no formal authority over the operating divisions providing the services.
- Work with appropriate team members and business partners to resolve customer, business, or employee issues in an efficient and collaborative manner.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key business partners such as sales, peers, operating divisions, and suppliers.
- Develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve business processes that meet the expectations of our customers and our business.
- Develop and implement key business metrics.
- Help to drive and maintain profit margins and control expense to meet budget and forecast commitments.
- Communicate effectively with direct reports to ensure that duties, responsibilities, accountability, and authority are clearly defined and understood.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection process of qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly.
- Create and maintain a collaborative high performance culture that leverages the contributions of all team members.
- Ensure the team members work closely with the RRD product safety team to make sure RRD remains in compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Work with the RRD Educational sales team to complete client Requests for Quotation (RFQs), sales presentations, attending trade shows, client visits and sales calls.
- Support and promote the companys employment and business policies.
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
Perform other related duties and participate or lead special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- 3+ years of Supervisory or Management experience leading teams of direct reports
- 8+ years of experience in the print and/or packaging industry, specializing in Education
- 5+ years of experience in domestic and international sourcing and procurement
- 3+ years developing and managing budgets
- Bachelor degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Proven experience in International trade, sourcing, procurement, shipping and logistics, including hands on experience with the importation of goods; including a working knowledge of customs regulations, tariffs, duties and fees, and anti-dumping regulations
- Proven experience in developing and implementing Education hands-on student and teacher classroom kits
- Proven leadership skills in developing and motivating an organization for high performance
- Proven experience in breaking down a complex situation into an actionable plan, and leading the execution of that plan
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize resources to address short term and long term business needs
- Proven ability to partner with diverse groups to accomplish an objective
- Proven ability to effectively work with and communicate with multiple levels of internal and external organizations
- Proven experience in effectively handling complex human resources issues
- Strong Excel skills and general MS Office applications required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per month for ~1-3 nights per trip, including international travel
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer