Director - Paper Services
Purchasing Warrenville, IL
The Director of Paper Services (DPS) role is responsible for leading the paper program for RRD. RRDs platform uses all types of printing papers (Coated, Uncoated, Coated Board, Specialty Substrates, etc), and other print related materials. The DPS must understand all aspects of these categories and will be relied upon to manage the supply chain. DPS is the primary point of contact with suppliers through the entire supply chain cycle. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage other supply chain categories as a back-up or as opportunities develop.
As a member of the GSS corporate procurement organization, the DPS will need to work with multiple internal departments to promote and lead GSS strategies while gaining alignment and compliance from the business units. The candidate will be required to work in a fast paced environment and be responsive to changing requirements.
- Leadership; Lead team of 4-6 responsible for RRDs paper strategy.
- Business Development; Support responses to client RFPs, work with RRD sales team to promote paper services, limited travel for client meetings.
- Determine Requirements; Work with business units to determine why a supplier is needed; volume, budget, duration, skills, services, market knowledge, certifications, alternative option.
- Supplier Identification; Identify potential suppliers; industry intelligence, existing suppliers, recommended suppliers, specialty certifications, requests from suppliers on file.
- Screen and Select Suppliers; Conditions of use; one-time or repetitive, geographic, capability, capacity, or back-up. Certifications; diversity, associations, regulated products and materials. Financial stability, market position, growth potential, etc.
- Negotiation; Work with suppliers to obtain lowest cost total cost solutions that meet the business units requirements, including; price, pay terms, services, and ongoing productivity improvements
- Contracting; In accordance with corporate guidelines, establish contracts that include; pricing, NDA, service commitments, terms & conditions, and other necessary elements to mitigate risk and to document the agreement.
- On-Boarding; Management approvals, communicate supplier information to business units, classify supplier in various systems, documentation collection and filing (W9, certifications, remit to information), transaction setup (SAP / PO, invoicing), supplier training to function in RRD systems.
- Vendor Management; Evaluate suppliers performance; spend (compliance to classification and agreement), expectations (Quality, delivery, service, cost savings, pricing, productivity, innovation), Compliance (regulated products & materials, certifications). Updates to contacts, remits, COI, contract renewals. Reporting (regulatory, spend review, adherence to agreement).
- Professional Development; Be aware of own professional needs to formulate, with supervision, appropriate training as part of your professional development.
- College degree in discipline related to functional work, or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain with relevant work experience in all types of printing paper products, and other print related materials.
- Ability to act as an advocate for RRDs requirements with suppliers
- Excellent communication skills with ability to respond to sensitive supplier issues with professionalism
- Good organizational skills with ability to handle rapidly changing priorities
- High proficiency in computer skills, especially procurement systems and aptitude to learn additional systems
- Good analytical and computational skills for price evaluations and spend analysis
- Negotiating, contracting, and supply chain skills are critical
- Capability to function in a team environment
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer