Press Operator 3
Pressroom St Charles, IL
Click here for more details about the RRD Kirk Rd. location in St. Charles, IL
Set up, adjust, operate and maintain a variety of presses including 40" Heidelberg, Komori, 64" and 81" KBA sheetfed presses.
- This includes inserting packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height, fastening reinforcing bars to offset blankets, and installing plates and blankets on press cylinders, making adjustments to achieve pressure required for printing.
- Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools.
- Removes and replaces worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Wash blankets and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- Makes necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Ability to instruct and provide guidance to junior level operator.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE ON AM AND PM SHIFTS.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company`s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Knowledge of KBA large format technology highly preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment.Ability to make and read measurements.
- Ability to communicate in English -read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Standing 100% of the entire time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous eye concentration.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
- Other duties as assigned
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE 6AM TO 6PM ON A 3/4 DAY SCHEDULE.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience setting up and running sheet fed presses
- Previous experience in the operation of a sheet fed press equipment
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer