Press Operator 2*
Pressroom Elk Grove Village, IL
Provide support for the 1st Press Operator and assist in the daily operation of the web press including controlling register, compensation, and other operational duties as directed by the 1st Press Operator.
- Monitor overall job quality, including print registration and product compensation. Identify and correct quality defects.
- Accurately perform and record quality assurance tests (quality control checks).
- Monitor packing quality and accuracy, maintaining accurate counts and load ticket paper work.
- Organize and monitor imaging process, signoffs, restarts, form changes, samples, additional paperwork, and QC procedures.
- Assist first press operator with coordinating make-ready plan.
- Map out job plan by using layout, folding dummy, and instructions from the 1st press operator to establish measurements for plows, slitters, die cuts, gum pads, etc.
- In addition to plows and slitters, install and set any auxiliary equipment such as face slitters, hot melt applicators, and extrusion glue needles.
- Establish web path and turn bar configuration.
- Manage web up procedure including ribbon orientation and timing.
- Monitor the rest of the crews progress during the make-ready. Offer assistance as necessary.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance such as roller replacement, and press lubrication.
- Assist 1st Press Operator in providing direction and training to the press crew.
- Insure that safe practices are followed by crew members during all operations and procedures.
- Be able to step in for the 1st Press Operator as needed.
- Must be able to work 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- 8 years web press-printing experience.
- Knowledge of in-line finishing, die cutting, inserters, imagers, color and register.
- Must have worked in all positions leading up to this position.
- Communication skills.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Continuous standing/walking - 8 hrs or more.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, climbing, reaching.
- Occasional lifting and pushing/pulling - 50 lbs. or less.
- Occasional repetitive motion with both hands.
- Cannot be colorblind.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer