Press Assistant, Sheet-fed
Pressroom Sacramento, CA
- Assists Press Operator with press make ready and perform manual and machine operator tasks in the set-up, maintenance, and operation of the offset sheetfed (40 Komori) or web (Heatset or Coldset Harris) printing press.
- Must be able to install plates and blankets on press cylinders, adjust press machine parts, such as a feeder, delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools.
- Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Wash blankets and clean ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- You will also stock consumable supplies for the press such as rags, solvents, blankets etc.
- Maintain an organized work area by coordinating efforts with department personnel and management, completing all required housekeeping tasks, and report any unsafe working conditions.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Inspects the fountain solution, inking systems, rolls of paper and the mechanisms related to the reels.
- Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage on SPC report.
- Ensures that the roll or sheets of paper are properly unwrapped, mounted/thrown and ready to be spliced or fed into the press.
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run. Prepares and installs new roll or loads in in feeder when necessary.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in the preventative maintenance of the presses. Assists maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
- May assist with make-readies.
- May adjust ink, solvent, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies. Understand and comply with all EHS policies and programs.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
-Minimum 1 year experience
-Repeated Bending and lifting 10 to 25 lbs.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer