Press Assistant 1 (Post Folder/Gluer) 1st Shift
Pressroom Lemont, IL
The Assistant Operator is responsible for supporting the set up and operation of litho label laminating and folding/gluing equipment, including set up, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies & promotes all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Accurate and efficient set up of all equipment in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Properly operate machine to run efficiently and produce quality products (level one/entry skills).
- Monitor each order throughout production run to ensure tolerances are being maintained and make equipment adjustments as necessary. Continually check quality of product during the run.
- Minimize waste of sheet stock, glue& supplies.
- Assist in training all crew positions.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects. Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
- Communicate effectively with operator, supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Complete necessary input/setup of automated data collection system as well as reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, and Quality Data.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Education and Experience/Qualifications:
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Standing 100% of the entire shift with frequent bending.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs frequently.
- Grasping with both hands for long periods of time.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
Previous experience on mounting / laminating and automated folder / gluer equipment preferred.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer