Variable Data Specialist
Pre-press Aurora, CO
Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Mac and PC platforms. Must have a working knowledge of programs and plugins like Indesign Xmpie and or Printshop Mail. Provide high quality variable data print work in a fast-paced production environment. Responsible for all aspects of file formatting, data merging and producing PDF print files for all digital presses.
- Prepare PDF documents for variable data processing
- Format Excel mail files for merging
- Use established guidelines to create custom documents on an as-needed basis
- Ensure all variable print files delivered on-time; expedite operations that delay or alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions. Communicate with management and CSRs when critical issues arise.
- Format documents for FTP uploads
- Proofreading and monitoring jobs for errors and/or common sense mistakes to eliminate rework
- Previous Experience with data merging
- Intermediate to advanced skills in InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel
- Basic working knowledge of graphic design and file formatting
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; ability to overcome technical and non-technical challenges
- Ability to remain flexible under pressure; reprioritizing projects as needed
- Highly organized, cognizant of deadlines, and attentive to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator)
- Any commercial print or mailroom experience
- Knowledge of BCC software is a plus
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer