Prepress (Prinergy) Operator
Pre-press Pittsburgh, PA
Operate CTP equipment to expose sensitized metal plate from digital files to produce offset printing plates. Review images produced on plate for defects or errors that will manifest during the printing process. Maintain production documentation. Replenish chemical solutions in automatic plate processors and perform routine light maintenance on equipment. Maintain file system. Operate Epson proofers to create contract proofs for customer sign off.
- Reads press schedule, job ticket, look at VPS and all other furnished specifications in detail to determine order in which jobs are plated and what size plate is used, questions all discrepancies or oddities in instructions.
- If job is an exact repeat, compares plates to sample and/or OIS sheet to confirm plate codes are correct and correct plates are being sent to press.
- Verifies all job information to ensure that correct plates are being used; checks plates for quality and repairs any flaws.
- Need to be able to create and correct electronic layouts.
- Responsible to produce quality desktop jobs, with little to no supervision.
- Must have basic to advance skills in desktop applications.
- Verifies all job information to ensure that correct proofs are being made; checks proofs for quality and report any problems.
- Can fix and or troubleshoot desktop jobs.
- Fill out proof tags and affix to proofs.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any problems, i.e. supplies, equipment, etc.
- Receives and stores platemaking materials, as well as handles plates with care.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and housekeeping of the work area.
- Cleans processor and inspects plates according to ISO procedure.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out-tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, twist and turn frequently.
- Two handed operation required; must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Required to stand and move about the facility constantly.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment, SOPs, time sheets, daily production reports, dockets, job tickets, etc.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends or overtime as needed
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Previous experience in a prepress, plating, proofing or digital printing environment required
- Computer experience required
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer