Pre-press St Charles- Stern Avenue, IL
- Pre-flight files in the major pre-press applications. (Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, Office apps, Artwork Systems Artpro).
- Import, trap, bleed, and color separate production files for flexo printing, and HP Indigo digital press using a Mac.
- Create die files, PDF proofs.
- Scan, create art and typeset artwork as needed.
- Operate and maintain Mac, file server, printers, RIP, PDF workflow
- Perform color correction to process color files for Flexo and Digital presses.
- Work closely with customer service reps, press operators, and occasionally with sales and/or customers.
- Follow ISO, Safety, Standard Operating procedures and general housekeeping requirements.
- Record time and materials accurately.
- Work in a neat, orderly manner, maintain supply levels, and request repair of equipment as necessary.
- Maintain equipment (general minor maintenance).
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
This is an OFF-SHIFT position.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Basic PC skills- Mac experience required.
- Database Management skills
- Process color experience is required- flexo preferred. Color correction and proofing experience required.
- Process color and reproduction experience is a must. Color management experience is helpful, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED; 6+ months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer