Senior Project Manager
Pre-Media Seattle, WA
As a Lead Senior Project Manager, you will oversee a Project Management team of seasoned associates in a creative services engagement. You will also manage special projects including the collection of assets and information from inception to completion, and must be proactive, quick thinking, a problem solver and ultra-organized, ensuring account satisfaction and service excellence.
The Lead Senior Project Manager will oversee the day-to-day execution and optimization of Creative Services projects managing staff performance, assessing marketing needs, determining goals and coordinating projects. He/she must maintain knowledge of visual merchandising goals and brand standards focused on POP materials.
This includes resolving and escalating issues and barriers. As a member of the account leadership staff, the Lead Senior Project Manager works closely with organizational leadership, designers, copywriters, and production staff to ensure all deadlines are met on time.
- Act as primary Creative Services point-of-contact for project management staff
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of account/project staff
- Train and mentor project managers, junior staff and new employees as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to facility procedures, operations and protocols
- Plan, coordinate and direct creative teams to ensure the briefs are executed accurately and effectively.
- Proactively engage and partner with other leaders within the site/creative platform to ensure best practices are being followed
- Regularly review process to identify risk, inefficiencies and gaps
- Establish and promote excellent customer relations through effective and proactive communications to update clients and other stakeholders on project status.
- Enter and track a high volume of data related work components and updates to client and/or RRD project tracking system.
- Demonstrate understanding in each area of Creative Services including: design, print production and prepress.
- Attend and lead relevant client meetings, production and project management status calls bringing in appropriate resources from Creative Services as needed.
- Maintain contact with clients and production to set project milestones, create project estimates, tracks schedules, advise of job progress, scheduling concerns, and any requests for additional information or materials, when required.
- Provide proactive updates to client and other stakeholders on project status.
- Self Traffic work to ensure design team deliverables follow workflow.
- Perform invoicing,
- forecasting on a pre-set deadline and monitor clients budgets for accuracy and timeliness.
- Track and report on quality metrics, strategize with the client and deliver services, which will attract and retain customer loyalty.
- Set project milestones, create project estimates and tracks schedules.
- Ensure all deliverable deadlines are met for all individuals and parts involved in the process.
- Monitor clients budgets for accuracy and timeliness.
- Track and report on quality metrics, strategize with the customer and deliver services, which will attract and retain customers.
- Proactively sell and manage client expectations.
- Responsible for early detection of issues; provide point of view on best practices and solutions across functions.
- Apply a broad knowledge of catalog/retail, packaging, and print production workflows.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors degree in a related field and 5-7+ years of experience in marketing and/or advertising, project management or comparable experience with progressively expanding responsibilities. 5+ years of experience managing a staff of ten or more.
Background in the retail services industry preferred, and/or background in advertising/design agencies.
Well-rounded knowledge of print production, brand development, strategic planning and the design industry.
Must be proactive, collaborative, driven and seek excellence in execution of tasks.
Complete understanding of the Big Picture which allows the individual to make good sound business decisions.
Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills.
Proven track record with strong and effective customer relationships and solution delivery.
Superior writing, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen for understanding.
Self-motivated, independent, creative, energetic, assertive approach.
Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills; experience and ability to work with cross-functional teams, internally and client-side.
Ability to anticipate needs on behalf of the customer, not only to serve the customer but increase volume and profitability.
Knowledge of administrative software, including Microsoft Access; basic working knowledge of design or development skills/software (Adobe Creative Suite, including In Design and Photoshop, etc.)
Ability to problem solve, analyze potential solutions and use good sound judgment to make decisions. Strong attention to detail is required.
Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/or distributed virtual teams.
Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding customer satisfaction expectations.
Must have the ability to work independently.
Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer