Associate Creative Director
Pre-Media Seattle, WA
Do you want to create compelling in-store signage for one the best consumer tech retailers in the industry? Are you a visonary with the ability to quickly concept, lead and inspire a small group of designers into creating award winning work? The Associate Creative Director will lead the creative team, which is responsible for conceptualization, design and execution of creative projects within a print and digital retail environment.
This role will provide strategic and critical thought leadership and excel in incorporating a connected consumer experience across multiple channels. He/she must have experience in communications design including retail strategy, design, typography, production and prepress skills. He/she must have the ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. This role will collaborate and mentor art directors, copywriters, production artists and any other creative resources to provide best in class work and services, on schedule, within budgeted cost parameters. The ACD will develop conceptual designs within the framework of strong brand guidelines that deliver on strategic, marketing and retail objectives and also encourage the team to experiment in connecting the brand with the consumer.
This person should have intimate knoweldge of retail best practices as well as emerging trends as the role is responsible for high impact customer facing designs that define shopping experiences. Direct management responsibilities for a team comprised of 6+ highly-skilled creative professionals. Individual adept at driving/growing relationships with key clientele, across all levels of the organization.
Responsible for oversite of all client approved print-ready artwork being released to print vendors.
- Collaborates and interacts regularly with the clients creative director and client strategic teams to identify project needs which best support the businesses and marketing objectives further propelling the clients brand strategy.
- Works on high-profile/high-priority client projects that are complex, non-routine and vary greatly in scope.
- Develops creative and graphic concepts (for environmental and print) in collaboration with assigned design team.
- Follows projects throughout all stages of print production and/or online deployment.
- Provides art direction and production support to produce technically correct, print-ready mechanicals for release.
- Solves business challenges and interprets marketing ideas turning them into visual reality and smart creative design.
- Expert understanding of the client brand, design needs and methodology.
- Effective communication with peers, senior management and client across all topics from team/people management, business to creative.
- Manage, mentor and build teams of designers, production artists and copywriters.
- Manages the talent recruitment and development for the creative team.
- Ability to lead by example and cultivate the creative atmosphere that will motivate and drive the team to be successful for RRD and the client.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to lead client discovery sessions, present and communicate how the concept meet objectives and expectations.
- Provides senior leadership with current project updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Promotes collaboration, support and inclusion to create a positive work environment.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Effectively communicates with client and RRD leadership regarding situations that require decisions, actions and may include problems.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude
- Bachelors degree in discipline related field with 10+ yrs. of experience
- Consumer centric mentality Possesses a strong, current portfolio of imaginative and compelling work.
- Retail, agency or in-house corporate retail design experience preferred.
- Understanding of retail omni-channel marketing and the customer journey.
- Well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, MS Office and Photoshop. Flash and HTML a plus but not required. Must be highly proficient in CS3 Design software and other applicable programs.
- Well versed in workflows, digital asset management, problem solving, designing and implementing workflow procedures and quality control
- Familiar with project management software platforms preferred.
- Experience presenting/pitching concepts to internal clients and external customers.
- Vendor sourcing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills, adaptability and composure under stressful situations are important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to exemplify EQ/IQ in the workplace with both client and team.
- Strong project management, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on small details
- Strengths include: strategic and critical thinking, ideation, detail-oriented and a strong problem-solving ability
- Agile thinker.
- Positive, proactive attitude.
- Responsive leadership with the ability to manage conflict resolution and diverse personalities and behavioral styles.
- Strong business acumen preferred.
- Understanding of CX and environmental design preferred.
- Thirst for curiosity, retail innovation, and emerging technologies.
- Ability to express an idea in different forms and media types.
- Understanding of merchandising and packaging design preferred.
- Self-motivated individual.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer