Sr. Marketing Strategist
Marketing Westlake, OH
The Senior Marketing Strategist is a high level, dedicated professional seasoned in delivering consultative guidance and recommendations to clients and prospects. The role is a hybrid marketing and business consultant, and demands experience and expertise in three key areas: (1) marketing best practices, (2) business strategy, and (3) the data and technology infrastructure that supports the business and its marketing programs.
The Senior Marketing Strategist is responsible for understanding clients marketing goals and providing thoughtful, experience-based recommendations for fulfilling these goals, ideally leveraging the range of RRDs products and services offering. A successful Senior Marketing Strategist bridges the gap between the aspirational and the technical; he or she will successfully help clients define marketing objectives as well as provide guidance on the tactical steps, with consideration to the available data and platforms.
The Senior Marketing Strategist supports both the Account Management team in enhancing existing client relationships as well as the Business Development team in providing consultation when required during the sales cycle (for example, within RFP responses and sales presentations).
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Provide either ongoing/retainer or project-based strategic consulting in areas such as (but not limited to):
- Marketing program ROI/conversion optimization
- List growth/acquisition
- Campaign ideation
- Cross-channel strategy
- Testing strategy
- Competitive analysis
- Reengagement strategy & list hygiene
- Deliverability optimization and remediation
- Campaign KPI/ROI analysis
- Marketing platform optimization/migration
- Attend regular client status calls, quarterly or annual business reviews, and strategic planning sessions as needed (travel up to 25%)
- Partner with Sales and Account Management resources to scope projects based on recommendations
- Participate in relevant sales presentations or RFP responses
- Fulfill the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) as it relates to platform optimization (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud, and/or other relevant ESPs/tools as required)
- Support brand positioning as a leader in the customer insights space with expert knowledge of:
- Business and services overview
- Value proposition
- Key differentiators
- Help develop sales material to aid the business development process
- Continuous improvement via explicit enablement path including RRD services and technology platforms
- Provide guidance to RRD executive management regarding positioning and marketing the RRD brand
- 10-15 years experience required in a marketing strategy, business development, and/or account management capacity focused on the 1:1 marketing space
- Ability to present and discuss how marketing solutions can meet the 1:1 communications needs of Fortune 1000 CMOs or VPs of Marketing
- Experience in relevant marketing disciplines which may include: direct marketing, digital marketing (email, social, mobile, display), database marketing, CRM marketing, business intelligence
- Experience in relevant platforms which may include: marketing clouds (Salesforce, Adobe), business intelligence (Tableau, Power BI), ESPs, web analytics, ecommerce
- Undergraduate business degree required (ideally in Marketing) - Masters degree preferred
- Possess excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience-based understanding of marketing best practices and tactics
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer