Shipping & Receiving Clerk - PSP Sacramento
Manufacturing Sacramento, CA
Shipping/Receiving documents, tracks, and oversees the shipping & receiving of customer product, raw material and information.
- Consult daily with managers about the days schedule to ensure that proper shipping pickups and logistics have been scheduled
- Consult with the purchasing agent each evening about receiving for the following day to ensure that materials committed to production are received and processed in a timely manner
- Verify materials received against packing lists and accurately receive purchase orders in PSI system upon delivery of goods
- Receive small packages, verify contents, and route internally with proper documentation and electronic receipts
- Receive goods into customer inventory and maintain this inventory in an organized manner using PSI inventory modules and other electronic tracking systems
- Verify materials shipped and create packing lists in PSI while assisting with the preparation and loading of outbound shipments
- Generate and input tracking information into various systems such as PSI, Streamline, etc. and get proof of shipment and proof of delivery to CSR team immediately after shipment(s) leave the facility
- Attend production meetings as necessary to ensure that all shipping / receiving logistics and documentation is created as needed to meet client demand
- Coordinate and secure freight and courier services using pre-approved vendors within the budget and constraints of each shipment
- Work directly with the USPS to verify mail on a daily basis
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- High School Diploma with 3-5 years work experience in receiving, shipping, warehouse
- Printing industry experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and able to recognize and report issues. Good problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated team player to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure on a number of different projects simultaneously
- Ability to type at least 30 wpm with an understand of internet browsers, word processing software and spreadsheets
- Must be forklift certified
- Loading dock environment and warehouse area
- Extended time standing, walking, includes stairs on occasion, as well as holding or handling printed materials
- Noise level moderate to loud in loading dock area and associated print and warehouse areas.
- Temperature variation between work areas, may be warm in areas of the warehouse
- May occasionally need to move or lift materials up to 70 pounds.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer