Quality Specialist 2
Manufacturing Houston, TX
Ensures conformance to internal and external quality standards and assists the customer, sales representatives, suppliers and division personnel with establishing achievable quality standards. Communicates customer expectations to staff, manufacturing personnel and suppliers.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Assists in establishing, promoting and coordinating lines of communication between the customer, sales representatives, suppliers and division personnel.
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, vendors and division personnel regarding quality and production issues. Attends job production pre-planning meetings.
- Evaluates the input material on a job and guides the customers, helping them deliver material that will produce a high quality job.
- Performs press color approvals for both internal and external jobs.
- Assists in the development of procedures and techniques for reducing process variation and manufacturing delays.
- Assists manufacturing personnel in establishing standards of quality to be used and certifying that established company and industry standards have been met. Evaluates process output and supplied materials for compliance with established standards.
- Communicates with sales, customer service and the customer to resolve quality issues.
- Negotiate resolution of customer or manufacturing complaints.
- Assist in creating and maintaining the statistical process control program.
- May be responsible for ISO programs within the division. Duties include reviewing documents, preparing for audits, conducting audits, following up on implementation issues and training as it relates to ISO.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Administers the Document Control process as a function of the Quality System. Manages all aspects of the Engineering Change process within the site, including documentation updates and release, JDE product management system updates, and coordination of all required reviews and approvals. Administers corrective action process. Assists in administration of the Internal Audit process. Oversees all aspects of GTS documentation Procedures, Quality Records, etc. per ISO standards. Manages all Engineering Change processes for the site. Ensures all material specifications, drawings, artwork, are controlled and updated per ISO standards.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
3) Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
4) Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
5) Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
6) Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
7) Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations.
8) Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
9) Strong knowledge of printing and color theory.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer