Inserting Set Up Operator
Manufacturing Chicago, IL
Precision Dialogue Direct an RR Donnelley company, focuses on maximizing the impact of print to capture customers attention.
PDD, drives responses with High Performance Direct Mail Strategies. With unparalleled depth in print marketing, weve developed breakthrough production efficiencies, automated processing and customization technology. Our expertise and scale allow us to effectively communicate with impact to an audience of any size.
- Variable Print: Fully-customized text, imagery and offers to target individual customers or test new options
- Format Library: Pre-designed templates for fast turnaround or custom-tailored options
- Finishing Services: Inserting, affixing, assembly and bindery services, die-cutting, kitting and fulfillment
- Direct Mail: On-site units of the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ensure fast, efficient delivery times
Operate machines that insert/fold printed matter, such as letters or booklets into folders or envelops. Set up and adjust the machine to operate efficiently. Oversee output and make adjustments as necessary. Troubleshoot and repair Flow masters.
Requires excellent knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment. Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment. Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are more complex due to the variable setup of add on equipment.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to understand basic mechanics. Must have knowledge of standard tools, methods and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of machinery.
- Ability to operate various lettershop equipment (strongly preferred).
- Experience with Flow masters or Ga Vehren (is a plus, but not strictly required).
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations. Expected to take direction and work cooperatively with supervisors to achieve the best possible production on each job.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Must be able to work 8 hours per day with overtime up to 12 hours per day as necessary, including weekends when required
Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both education and experience
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer