Facility Health & Safety Coordinator
Manufacturing Plover, WI
Are you a Health and Safety professional with a passion for driving improvement and who is skilled at getting the message out to others? We`re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced safety and training advocate to be the point person in our 300 + employee assembly facility in Plover, Wisconsin.
You will deliver training programs to employees aimed at aligning employee performance with organizational goals and objectives. In this role you will research, develop and facilitate courses. You will be the subject matter expert - analyzing course evaluations to determine improvements and you will own the facilities EHS tracker and reporting. You will maintain EHS safety boards, communicate safety tips, conduct near miss investigations and own OSHA recordable reporting as well as leading safety committee meetings across shifts.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Provides consulting services to assigned departments on a wide range of organizational issues. Analyze business and operating needs of assigned departments. Develop, recommend and assist with implementing appropriate training strategies and interventions. Serves as a liaison between business unit managers and HR/training.
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles and practices of adult learning theories, training and development, and training design and their successful application within the workplace environment. Develops, manages and delivers training.
- Coordinates and leads regularly scheduled meetings with clients to fully understand their daily operations, define their needs and help them achieve their objectives. Acts as SME regarding all areas of the OD function. Acts as a resource to managers and to HR team.
- Based on data and relationships with Business Units, plans interventions/actions, implements and evaluates the success using facts and data and adoption of tools and resources designed. Build relationships with customers and developing new and exciting learning events. Create engaging and challenging courseware and training materials. Implements appropriate solutions, including facilitation in a timely manner.
- May develop professional development training opportunities, courses, and materials as well as first level management courses.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Assist with required annual inspections.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Regional EHS staff
- Assist site with annual review of Emergency Response Plans.
- Develop and assist with facility improvements to ensure EHS goals are met and code violations are addressed
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
3) Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
4) Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
5) Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations.
6) Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
7) Requires ability to travel periodically to remote locations to conduct training sessions.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer