Manufacturing St Louis, MO
Nies | RRD has an immediate opening for an Event Specialist to join the events and exhibit I&D (install and dismantle) team. The Event Specialist should be client-focused and able to work well individually or as part of a team to successfully complete the asset preparation and on-site set up requirements of each assigned event. The ability to work efficiently to meet project standards and deadlines is a must. This position will require frequent travel during peak event season(s).
- Install and dismantle of exhibits and displays
- Stage and pack trade show exhibits and related materials
- Use of manual and power tools and finishing supplies for repairs, fabrication, maintenance, installation of exhibits
- Work on ladders and operate/use forklift, scissor lifts
- Use internal computer systems to receive and complete tasks and communicate with coworkers
- Navigate event services resources at convention centers and venues, such as general contractor, decorator and freight
- Other warehouse duties as assigned: QC inspection, shipping/receiving, pickup/delivery, housekeeping
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Proficiency in construction and cabinetry skills, proficient in use of hand and power tools
- At least 2 years experience in exhibit production, execution or related
- Read and analyze production and shipping orders to determine exhibit requirements
- Assemble components of exhibit based on design specifications and setup instructions
- Evaluate assembled exhibit for damages to structure, surfaces, packaging, graphics, wiring, etc.
- Suggest improvements or upgrades to structure, surfaces, packaging, graphics, wiring, etc.
- Efficiently communicate with other departments as needed to facilitate timely execution of responsibilities
- Label components to facilitate ease of setup on-site or ease of return to warehouse inventory
- Record components, graphics, and shipping containers using standardized forms (BOLs, etc)
- Learn and utilize warehouse and event software programs to perform functions of job
- Package and label pallets and containers for storage in warehouse, efficient transport, effective deployment
- Transport and securely store pallets and containers in storage racks using forklift
- Maintain all equipment to ensure proper functionality
- Complete quality control checks on event pack list prep and staging
- Maintain clean and safe working environment
Perform accurate inventory procedures
- Frequent lifting of up to 40 lbs. and occasional lifting over 70 lbs.
- Walking and/or standing for more than 4 hours at a time
- Comfortable working on ladders
- Basic computer skills
- Valid drivers license
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer