Direct Mail/Print - Quality Control Technician
Manufacturing Chicago, IL
Precision Dialogue Direct an RR Donnelley company, focuses on maximizing the impact of print to capture customers attention.
PDD, drives responses with High Performance Direct Mail Strategies. With unparalleled depth in print marketing, weve developed breakthrough production efficiencies, automated processing and customization technology. Our expertise and scale allow us to effectively communicate with impact to an audience of any size.
- Variable Print: Fully-customized text, imagery and offers to target individual customers or test new options
- Format Library: Pre-designed templates for fast turnaround or custom-tailored options
- Finishing Services: Inserting, affixing, assembly and bindery services, die-cutting, kitting and fulfillment
- Direct Mail: On-site units of the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ensure fast, efficient delivery times
- Interpret required print specifications from the work order and compares to finished mail piece to determine accuracy and quality of work.
- Operate barcode scanner and other postal devices for checking finished mail.
- Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process on a daily basis.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Record production issues and resolution in turnover notes, QC logs and other checklists as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by quality control manager.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations at all times
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Prior Quality Control experience in a direct mail/lettershop environment required
At least two years of production experience in the direct mail/lettershop environment
Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work overtime, including weekends when needed
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, stand and walk for long periods of time
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer