Information Technology Westlake, OH
The Implementation Consultant (IC) is a hybrid business analyst and technical consultant that works alongside clients in support of marketing automation platforms (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign, and Oracle Responsys). Responsibilities include: technical, marketing and business related requirements gathering, successful solution execution and management of a cross functional services team.
Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues. Serve as a liaison between internal customers and functional IT departments during the initial phases of development efforts for various business initiatives. Following BA principles and accepted methodologies, define the system and functional requirements of technical projects.
Required Skills Responsibilities
- Apply working knowledge of systems and Business Analysis to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve technical issues for medium to enterprise-sized custom development projects
- Assist junior level Implementation Consultants in requirements gathering and research support.
- Configure marketing automation platforms to perform in line with requirements at various levels (platform, business unit, brand, campaign, tactic, etc.)
- Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies.
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs.
- Work on multiple client engagements simultaneously with associated team members.
- Identify project issues / risks and assist in presenting alternatives to alleviate or resolve.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases to designers and developers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements.
- Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing. Conduct testing.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan
- On-call support may be required depending on client needs.
- Travel as necessary
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Required Experience Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor degree in a discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience -OR- Demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through 5+ years of applicable work experience.
- Experience with email and/or marketing automation software and/or databases is preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of desktop software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Certification in one or more marketing automation platforms in not required, but is preferred.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer