Account Specialist 3
Customer Service Atlanta, GA
As an Account Specialist with the Retail Solutions group, you will provide Retail In-Store Marketing expertise for print campaigns and associated programs, providing ownership and accountability for Client accounts as the primary point of contact. You will build constructive relationships with primary Client contacts and apply knowledge of the Clients business (organization structure, value chain, strategic plans, etc.) to partner with Retail Service, Solutions and Operations to assess and develop processes to deliver on service, quality and solutions development for the Client.
Activities required in performance of the Retail Account Specialist role include consulting with Clients and Company personnel as a technical advisor for providing production recommendations, pricing options, kit packaging solutions, and fulfillment/delivery schedules. You will also assist in the capture and development of specifications, project renderings, and manufacturing instructions. In addition, you will utilize strong project management skills, knowledge, communication skills, and experience to oversee, plan and coordinate the production of jobs from product concept development to final disposition, including across multiple platforms or with outside vendors. As the primary point of contact, you will act as liaison for the Client, Sales, the Retail Solutions platform and other internal and external partners with responsibility for conveying clear Client expectations and issue resolution. Additional responsibilities may be assigned in support of Client and Company goals.
- On behalf of the Client, act as the knowledge resource for the production and management of marketing collateral. Provide print procurement and coordination of all marketing collateral projects to include setting timelines, defining accurate estimate specifications, supplier negotiations, kit fulfillment and logistic distribution.
- Work with the Client to offer creative solutions that support print production and marketing campaign objectives. This includes facilitating prototypes and the development of custom print pieces, and may include the outsourcing of such projects to vendors.
- Coordinate efforts with the Client to gather all of the print requirements and data files for current and anticipated projects. Consult with the Client regarding the print manufacturing process and the various requirements needed to efficiently (cost and time) produce print and print related collateral.
- Act as the primary resource and back up for the Sales group. Provide solutions, develop pricing and provides original/revised job requirements to Planning.
- Proactively identify and drive resolution to account challenges by leveraging RRD resources and technologies.
- Provide recommendations to process improvements to bolster improved quality, Client satisfaction, increased productivity and lower operating costs.
- Requires a bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience OR a demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Prefer 5 to 10 years experience in retail marketing to include a thorough understanding of Point of Purchase visual collateral and associated materials used in a retail environment, preferably on a National brand.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of various print methods, substrates, and concept engineering used in retail marketing and the ability to evaluate supplier performance. Also, knowledge of display structural engineering and display manufacturing processes for corrugate, wire/metal, wood, thermoform, acrylic and other plastics.
- Must demonstrate strong project management, relationship-building, and communication skills, to include the ability to communicate and interact with a variety of external Clients and internal personnel at the level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity, stating messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to solve somewhat more complex tasks or problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job, and be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to demonstrate and apply strong functional computer knowledge (expertise) in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Must be able to travel when required.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer