Bindery Operator 1
Bindery Irvine, CA
OCPC, Orange County Printing, an RR Donnelley company, is hiring a bindery operator in Irvine, CA.
The Bindery Operator performs print jobs and sets up, maintains, and operates the bindery equipment used to create documents such as books, pamphlets, and magazines. The bindery operator needs to perform regular maintenance on the machines under their supervision to ensure they run smoothly.
- Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products.
- Set up, adjust and operate a variety
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine.
- Direct crew though all aspects of production.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Working knowledge of the electromechanical machines.
- Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment).
- Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
- Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines.
- Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using handtools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer.
- Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines.
- Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
High School diploma or equivalent.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer