Administration Plainfield, IN
Multiple shifts available
- Evaluate and prioritize daily workload
- Assign tasks and coordinate warehouse activities
- Evaluate and coordinate processes and procedures for continuous improvement
- Identify, evaluate and coordinate the training of shipping personnel.
- Assist the Supervisor with performance reviews and disciplinary actions
- Work with the Supervisor on continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Assist the Account Team in ensuring customer requirements are met
- Meet daily productivity goals established for all activities. Adjust and correct when goals are not met.
- Develop team members reporting to lead to increase flexibility of team in the department.
- Trouble shoot problems with the pick confirming, packing, missing product, system issues, etc., when needed.
- Prioritize orders according to the urgency of delivery and follow up on the status of those shipments.
- Coordinate the bulk process by prioritizing the daily orders, sample boxes, paper work, and setting up the production line.
- Have contact with the UPS reps and for any system problems.
- Notify the Department Supervisor of personnel, product or shipping related issues.
- Investigate and resolve picking errors such as, wrong quantities, wrong piece, wrong product in location, etc.
- Discuss on a daily or weekly basis the individual % of error. Follow up with a positive or negative ROD when appropriate.
- Monitor the employees starting and ending times, ensuring all employees are at their working stations and ready to work.
- Monitor all shipping personnel ensuring maximum production.
- Responsible to drive process improvement efforts through innovative and motivational techniques.
- Walk the racks and ensure the pickers are keeping the racks clean, opening only one product box per pallet, picking product by layer to ensure safety standards, and notify a material handler of any unsafe conditions.
- Develop and maintain functional back-ups for each critical job function for the the area.
- Train employees as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Skill in verbal and written communication, forward and progressive thinking, and problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to physically count articles or products on shelves, racks and pallets
- Adept with basic mathematical calculations, and preparing written operational reports
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years related production, warehouse and/or distribution center experience.
- 1 year of leadership experience preferred.
- Experienced with applicable safety regulations.
- Ability to lead and train a high performance team and achieve results and team goals.
- Carry out responsibilities while upholding our values and ethics.
- Operate a personal computer and job related software.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends if business require it.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer