Accounting & Finance Accountant 1 Buffalo Grove, IL
Under general supervision, assist in maintaining general ledger accounts and conduct other accounting related activities. Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Balance books periodically and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintain receipts and disbursement reports. May plan, conduct, and participate in basic analysis of cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards. Assist in the preparation of management reports that measure performance against key objectives and strategies.
Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed and how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
- Be able to work with 40 customers, most with different requirements for what is billable, at what rates, and how their invoices are formatted
- Need to be able to interpret each customers contract and ensure billing complies with terms
- Some customers require electronic billing utilizing their systems, e.g., Ariba and Coupa
- 75% of the billing occurs at month-end, so the week before and after month-end are very busy
- Billing specialist interfaces with the online portals of ~ 5 shipping/freight/postage providers to download their monthly usage expense, e.g., USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Calculates sales and use tax and records related accounting entries
- Client uses software designed for the printing industry (PSI) for job costing, which interfaces with Macola accounting software. A migration to SAP is planned for 2020.
- Must interact effectively with Project Managers/Account Managers to obtain approvals for monthly customer billing.
- Apply cash and perform bank reconciliations
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and assist with month-end close and reporting to the parent company
- Perform monthly reports to justify key customer postage escrow accounts
- Accounts receivable monitoring and aging analysis
- Other accounting activities and analysis as needed
- Must have strong Excel skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
3) Able to apply general functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
4) Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer