Accounting & Finance Accountant 2 New York, NY
Develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning, forecasting, and modeling. Under minimal supervision, run reports from the general ledger accounts and perform other accounting related activities. Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Prepare profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. May plan, conduct, and participate in basic analysis of cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards. Assist with analysis on financial (income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow) to identify trends and interpret for senior management. Prepare management reports that measure performance against key objectives and strategies. Responsibilities
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Analyze accounts, records, reports, accounts receivable and payable, journal entries, general ledgers and other accounting documents for accuracy and completeness. Investigate and resolve accounting problems for the area of responsibility.
- Performs moderately complex financial analyses. Analyze and evaluate the group`s operating results and financial position. Prepare product line profitability analysis.
- Preparing monthly financial information utilizing the applicable support systems.
- May perform analyses of cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
- May classify labor, material, and overhead costs to compute unit costs of products or services.
- Analyze actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances.
- Prepares other reports and assist in special projects and analysis as required or requested by supervisor.
- Assists in annual budget preparation and periodic forecasts
- Supports internal customers by researching questions and investigating variances on the financial statements.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 4-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Accounting qualification
- Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
- Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations.
- Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Able to work in a complex multi currency business environment
- Able to manage workload to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Experience of SAP desirable
- Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer