Designs, develops new products and redesigns existing products for battery chargers and battery monitoring equipment used in the aerospace industry. Supports manufacturing for both assembly and test; provides technical support for products, and conducts tests on electronic components, products, and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Designs digital and analog electronics circuits and redesign products.
· Provides technical product support by meeting with customers to discuss and evaluate special requests or problems. Performs tests and research on components and final units to provide data for development of products. Records, interprets, and evaluates results with respect to established and/or desired objectives. Assures that results meet both Company and customer standards.
· Develops test plans for performance, environmental, and EMC tests on electronic components, products, and systems per relevant testing standards (CE, RTCA DO-160, etc.).
· Develops and reviews Qualification Test Plans and Qualification Test Reports for new products.
· Researches new components and replacements for obsolete components.
· Coordinates off-site qualification testing at independent laboratories.
· Maintains and improves dynamic digital model of NiCd battery performance. Works with production technicians to design and build test fixtures for production ATPs.
· Writes / maintains manufacturing ATPs, test and calibration procedures, operator’s manuals, and repair manuals.
· Creates and reviews drawings, bills of materials and related engineering information and introduces them into the manufacturing operating system.
· Works with manufacturing and quality to resolve production issues.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
· Performs other related duties as required and as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
· Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Work Experience: Preferred background experience of 3-5 years in electronic design with electronic circuit technology assembly process (analog, digital and or high voltage design). Experience with various power supply topologies and microprocessing control systems (design and programming) is preferred.
· In addition, must possess the following critical skills and abilities:
o Design: Understands electrical engineering design principles and methodologies, generates creativesolutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
o Communication: Effective strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly present information.
o Detail-oriented: Ability to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy, realizing that errors can have significant impact on desired results; systematically monitors processes and progress of projects, maintaining documentation records.
o Work habits: Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, assuming ownership of assigned projects, but also possessing the ability to collaborate with other Team members as needed.
o Computer skills: Microsoft Windows/MS Office environment; circuit board design and layout software (i.e. CadSoft Eagle), analog circuit simulation tools (i.e. PSPICE), MATLAB / Simulink, Arduino IDE, CAD software (i.e. SOLIDWORKS) preferred.
o Lab skills: Soldering for prototypes, build simple wiring harnesses, oscilloscopes, bench power supplies, electronic loads, Atmel Programmers.
o Reasoning ability: Can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, drawing, diagram, or schedule form.
o U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.
o Travel: Domestic and international, as required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Respond with resume to:
MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
P.O. Box 8233
8301 Imperial Dr.
Waco, Texas 76714