Ensures the bank is adhering to governmental regulations and laws. Works closely with the compliance officer and banking staff to guarantee the bank’s policies and procedures comply with appropriate laws and regulations. Provides assistance to the BSA Officer regarding the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program. Performs various quality control reviews and monitoring pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC, and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis. As needed, assume various officer roles to oversee specific regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related business is preferred; high school diploma required.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and laws associated with banking.
- General knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related consumer banking and compliance functions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
- Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Display irreproachable integrity, confidentiality and objectivity.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook, preferable to have knowledge of and experience using AML software models.
- Maintain current knowledge of banking laws and regulations, I.e., the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, all related anti-money laundering, OFAC, and PATRIOT Act regulations.
- Research regulatory changes and compliance issues and assist with implementation and management of those changes and issues.
- Assists with formulation and updates of bank policies and provides support to appropriate departments in the development of procedures to maintain bank compliance with applicable compliance statutes, regulations, and interpretations.
- Assists with development of compliance training programs for employees throughout the organization and provides support to the training department.
- Provides guidance and answers questions throughout course of typical business to address compliance related questions.
- Monitors and tests compliance programs to ensure the bank complies with appropriate laws and regulations associated with lending and deposits.
- Facilitate the communication of the quality control program for mortgage lending with third party firm, provide loan files for sample and communicate findings to management for final report.
- Support the vendor management program, fraud program, and other projects, as assigned.
- Utilize the BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act monitoring systems to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity. Determine if transactions are suspicious in nature, such as kiting, significant changes in balances, cash structuring, loans payments, and certificate of deposit purchases, wire or ACH transfers, monetary instrument sales, new account openings, etc.
- Ensure daily transactions are appropriately imported into the BSA/AML monitoring system (review Daily Audit log and process daily Vego (ACH, Teller, ATMs, Wires, Monetary Instruments and Miscellaneous) feeds).
- Assist in preparation of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) for filing to FinCEN, completion of Watch List Manager (WLM) in BAM, and review of Fiserv Web Director reports.
- Assist with CDD/EDD risk rating and monitoring program to include initial and ongoing assessments, and daily confirmation of EDD records for new accounts and foreign customers and related tags in BAM+.
- Assist the BSA Officer with the BSA/AML annual risk assessments and accumulation of the data for the OCC Money Laundering Reporting System.
- Gather support for CRA reporting and community development credit.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Landmark National Bank is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veteran employer.
- The physical demands listed below are a requirement to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time, speak, and listen; use hands to touch and grasp objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Visual ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time is required.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online:
Landmark National Bank
Landmark National Bank offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and is an equal opportunity employer.