Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $100 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, biofuels and ingredients; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments.
Since 2003, Koch companies have invested more than $80 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 1,000 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service.
A Day In The Life May Include:
The Flint Hills Resources (FHR) internship program is an in-depth experience, placing interns in a challenging and meaningful work environment that includes value-added project involvement and professional mentoring. This internship is designed to lead to a full-time position after graduation in our FHR Safety Entry Level Professional (ELP) Rotational Program. This is a 2-year program that provides qualified entry level candidates with rotational work experiences at our corporate headquarters in Wichita and two other refinery/petrochemical operations. The goal is to develop an understanding of varied occupational safety regulatory requirements while allowing the candidate to demonstrate their ability to grow within FHR as a Safety Engineer. Mentorship is a hallmark of the ELP program.
- Assist with implementing programs that support vision of injury free operations and mitigation of process safety risk
- Participate in incident investigations, chemical monitoring, safety inspections, self-assessments, and behavioral observations at various facilities
- Responsible for development or modification of written safety programs such as confined space entry, energy control, hot work, excavation safety, fall protection and others, as needed
- Learn how health and safety regulations as well as Company H&S policy and Standards are developed and implemented across a multi discipline, multi-national Company
What You Will Need:
- Will complete a Bachelors or Masters degree in Health/Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Engineering, or related technical disciplines on or before June 2018
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Some sites have certain physical requirements including but not limited to:
- Performing physically demanding tasks repetitively for extended periods of time (i.e., lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling)
- Wearing necessary Personal Protection Equipment (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes)
- Willingness to participate in the full-time rotational program after graduation
Why Work For Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Flint Hills Resources?
Flint Hills Resources produces and markets gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, ethanol, biodiesel, olefins, polymers and intermediate chemicals, as well as base oils, distillers corn oil and distillers grains. Annually, we have the capability to produce 820 million gallons of ethanol, 50 million gallons of biodiesel and 9.5 billion pounds of building-block chemicals. In addition, we can process more than 600,000 barrels of crude oil per day.
The company has expanded its operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $13 billion since 2002. This dynamic growth is creating a wealth of opportunities for career advancement across many different professions.
Working at Flint Hills Resources is different from most companies. We have a strong culture built on Market-Based Management and its Guiding Principles where employees are encouraged to think and act in a principled way creating long-term value for our customers, our company and society.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Drug tests are required, unless prohibited by state law