- 046557 Requisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Assistant Superintendent (OPTIMIZER) - Pulp mill
CEDAR SPRINGS, GA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Assistant Superintendent (Optimizer) to join our team in Cedar Springs, Georgia (Containerboard). This position will provide strategic and tactical leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, quality, and cost for the Pulp Mill. The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment optimization and operator knowledge/skill improvement.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with 3 paper machines that make different weights of brown paper and containerboard paper. It is located in the southwest corner of Georgia about 25 miles from Dothan, Alabama and is 1.5 hour from 2 major capital cities, Tallahassee, Florida & Montgomery, Alabama.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- This role will work closely with the Production Area Leader to optimize our pulp mill activities for a large integrated paper mill. The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment and operator knowledge/skill improvement.
- Drive the department to achieve a safety and environmental incident free workplace.
- Lead the department to achieve/maintain compliance with regard to organizational, state, and federal regulatory standards (commercial, environmental/health/safety, etc,).
- Provide leadership through effective utilization of Kochs Market Based Management (MBM) and the MBM Framework.
- Lead and develop employees utilizing the MBM Guiding Principles and Operations Excellence tools to improve capability and performance.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution.
- Work with the business group to optimize assets.
- Maintain high standards of quality and reliability to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively teach, coach and mentor people.
- Strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills; utilize constructive challenge to drive to the optimum solution.
- Demonstrated leadership showing the ability to affect operational change and improvement.
- Demonstrated operational results showing year over year improvement.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors Degree or Technical Degree
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Engineering or Pulp & Paper Science
- Experience with Process Safety Management in regulated chemical processes
- Three (3) or more years of pulp & paper industry experience
- Experience supporting the pulp mill
- Supervisory or management experience
- Experience working in a union environment
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We`re part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern in your bathroom, there`s a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life`s simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Drug tests are required, unless prohibited by state law