Flint Hills Resources, LLC operates oil refineries and chemical plants across North America. Our Port Arthur, TX chemical plant is hiring an Analyzer Specialist to join our team.
Our Port Arthur chemical plant, located on nearly 210 acres off Savannah Avenue and Highway 73, is a U.S. producer of ethylene, propylene, and cyclohexane, which are basic chemical building blocks used to manufacture a variety of products such as medical devices, automotive parts, carpeting, and appliance components.
The Analyzer Supervisor is an integral part of the Port Arthur team, taking on responsibility for improving analyzer capabilities, reliability, utilization and performance. This position will interact with multiple groups, including maintenance, operations, process and project engineering, reliability, EHS, and process control.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Owning, managing and further developing the existing Analyzer Program that includes technology, application, infrastructure, technical expertise, and obsolescence transitions
- Developing, driving, and implementing Analyzer reliability strategies. Creating measures, procedures, and improvement plans to improve overall analyzer reliability
- Supervising and mentoring existing Analyzer Technicians toward improved practices and capabilities
- Creating and performing QA/QC expectations
- Completing and supporting Failure Analysis efforts and completing applicable action items from those analyses
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working as an Analyzer or Instrument Technician in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Associates degree in Instrumentation Technology
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Willingness to work around dust, chemicals and other substances
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
Why Work For Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Flint Hills Resources?
Flint Hills Resources markets gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol, biodiesel, olefins, polymers and intermediate chemicals, as well as base oils and asphalt. Its businesses have a crude oil processing capacity of about 670,000 barrels per day, as well as the capability to produce 9 billion pounds of building-block chemicals and 550 million gallons of ethanol per year.
The company has expanded its operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $11 billion since 2002. This dynamic growth is creating a wealth of opportunities for career advancement across many different professions.
Working at Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is different from most companies. We have a strong culture built on Guiding Principles and Market-Based Management where employees are encouraged to think and act in a principled way creating long-term value for our customers, our company and society.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Drug tests are required, unless prohibited by state law