HOPENET JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Mental Health Licensed Therapist
Position Goal: Provide therapeutic clinical services to clients and their families in accordance with agency vision and mission.
Qualifications: Masters in Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy or Professional Counselor licensed to practice in Kansas. Therapist must have experience with at risk clientele, be confident utilizing a variety of therapeutic tools and techniques, and work well within a multidisciplinary team environment. Strong organizational and computer skills are required. Certification in EMDR or Somatic Experience preferred.
Terms: Part-time position available (20 hours)
Reports to: Asst. Program Director of Clinical Services
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES:
I. Direct Therapeutic Services
· Provide professional therapeutic services for short, moderate and long term chronic cases
· Maintain client case load per Direct Contact contract
· Clinically evaluate; select and implement appropriate multidimensional assessment, intervention and evaluation tools
· Provide quality client care from crisis to exit
· Provide services conducive to the respect for the family’s dignity and uphold relational values as demonstrated by Jesus Christ
· Provide professional therapeutic services for severe trauma, high risk or long term cases
· Effectively communicate professional judgments to supervisor and other professional staff in verbal and written formats
· Apply knowledge and use rationale to critically select relevant theories, assessments and diagnostic tools for a holistic view as appropriate
· Develop and implement client treatment plan
· Provide referrals and coordination of services with outside agencies to ensure comprehensive and appropriate services
· Provide clinical intervention and therapeutic services conducive to the respect for the family’s dignity
· Identify and promote client self-determination and strive to meet treatment goals with client personal competency
· Identify sustainable change and increase client crisis management skill
· Complete casework file notes, file management and supervision reporting per agency protocol
· Execute process for safety and security of clientele and staff according to agency protocol
II. Team Collaboration & Community Awareness
· Consistently communicate with staff
· Participate in weekly staff meetings
· Provide progress updates & report on cases in weekly program director meetings.
· Participate in weekly supervision in group and individual clinical supervision.
· Collaborate with coaching and counseling staff to develop, evaluate and implement collaborative strategies for organizational effectiveness
· Present an educational seminar on a mental health topic at HopeNet’s annual Wellness Conference and seminars as opportunity presents.
· Represent HopeNet as licensed professional expert at fundraising and networking events
· Other duties as assigned
a. Extend dignity and hope through compassionate Christian care
b. Exhibit values of humility, sound judgment, confidentiality and integrity
c. Demonstrate a passion for HopeNet’s mission and philosophy
d. Adhere to all agency policies and protocol
a. Provide proof and maintain personal liability insurance
b. Conduct oneself within the legal and ethical boundaries as appropriate for credentials and in compliance with accreditation Code of Ethics
c. Engage in career-long learning utilizing training, consultation and continued education
How To Apply:
Send your resume Jo Lynn Bright. Please share how your journey and faith experience intersects with HopeNet’s mission and vision.