See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
WHAT YOU BECOME
TAKE YOUR CAREER UPWARD!!!
Become a passionate leader for a dynamic restaurant brand creating authentic connections with team-members, guests, vendors, and our communities. Become relentless in pursuing operational excellence and achieving desired results. Enjoy mentoring other team members and investing time in developing clear career pathways. Strive for intellectual humility and understand the best solutions come from collaboration and open communication from all team members.
WHO WE ARE
We are a restaurant group that thrives on creating authentic and inspiring experiences for the communities we serve. Through the contributions of countless incredible people, past and present, we're headed to the moon with a simple mission - to make people feel good.
Be your true self and courageous to represent your beliefs while being coachable and open to feedback.
Do the right thing always. Be accountable and trustworthy.
Bring passion for hospitality to every shift. We love smiles and positivity.
Be part of a winning team that is committed to delivering hospitality at the highest level.
We take pride in the pursuit to be the best, but we can only do that as a collaborative team.
WHAT YOU DO
The primary responsibilities of this position are to achieve desired company results with guests, employees, and financials through company aligned objectives and processes.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Brand ambassador to the company culture.
- Conduct quarterly meetings to reward and educate employees.
- Articulate store initiatives and objectives with a clear and consistent message to staff and leadership.
- Recruit candidates who are aligned with company culture, competency, and character.
- Orientate all new team members on company history, culture, mission, values, safety, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the use of company training processes and the completion of training materials for hourly and leadership.
- Directs the completion of store objectives through management meetings, staff pre-shifts, and use of company designed task lists.
- Mentors leaders through providing appropriate leadership examples, planning consistent meetings with all direct reports, and playing a role in providing a development pathway for each leader.
- Provide and documents appropriate and professional feedback to team members about positive and negative behaviors.
- Resolve employee conflicts with urgency and seeks appropriate resolutions.
- Promote a professional and inclusive work-environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Approve all scheduling needs according to store trends, interval sales, and budgets.
- Safeguards the sale of alcoholic beverages through maintaining staff certifications, providing education and training, and is proactive about recognizing appropriate service of alcohol.
- Reports all employee injuries immediately through company triage platform.
- Solicit Human Resources to investigate and respond to employee discrimination/harassment, major employee conflicts, leaves of absence, request of accommodations, and other employee related needs.
- Resolves guest conflicts with urgency and seeks appropriate resolutions.
- Builds an action driven marketing plan in collaboration with the Marketing department that builds longterm guests and connections with the community.
- Leads a team atmosphere which welcomes new team-members and actively provides optimistic and helpful coaching from all team members.
- Demonstrates a confident command of knowledge regarding products and services and ensures staff knows, demonstrates, and communicates products and service to our guests confidently.
- Ensures the quality of food and beverages produced meet company and guest standards at all times.
- Builds sincere and genuine connections with guests, vendors, and the communities they serve.
- Actively involved in the budgeting, planning, reviewing, and analyzing of the store's financial obligations in the fiscal year.
- Meticulously validates the coding and payment of invoices through reviewing and investigating store costs and inventories.
- Responsible for financial accuracy of sales records, expenses, and inventories through proactively researching, reviewing, correcting discrepancies, and maximizing profitability.
- Completes company financial consolidation of reports and materials.
- Complete taste plates to ensure quality, proper handling, and storage of product.
- Promotes a safe and sanitary workplace through proactively monitoring work practices, quality of products, and proper functioning of equipment.
- Controls purchasing and par levels of products and supplies in a financially responsible manner without compromising quality of service and products.
- Secures company cash and maintains accurate recording and cash handling procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- The position requires 1 year of full-service restaurant General Manager experience. Combined work experience and education will be considered in decisions.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Hospitality, Management, or Business preferred.
- Servsafe and Responsible Alcohol Service Certifications are required.