See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Service Tech II - Controls (intermediate level) performs diagnostics, maintenance and repair services on control systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Diagnoses system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position. Performs planned maintenance and inspections as indicated in the service agreement. Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Completes service contracts, quoted service projects and demand service calls as directed. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer's satisfaction.
- Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit polices and procedures.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials/equipment used to complete the service.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
High School Diploma or GED.
Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
Tridium AX/N4, Distech and Siemens Certification.
2-5 years of experience.
Required: Fundamentals of A/C electrical circuits and low voltage D/C electrical circuits and operation.
Required: Hands on experience with one or more controls platforms (Siemens, Distech, JCI, Inet, etc.).
Required: general controls, installations, troubleshooting and repair experience.
Must have ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and device data sheets.
Must have ability to use testing and metering devices.
Familiar with Windows operating systems and software.
Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.