See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
Category: Facilities Management
Type: Regular Full-Time
Performs business development and marketing activities including planning and strategy for a specifically assigned client/customer or market segment. Position is highly visible to potential customers and requires the ability to influence/persuade. Locates business opportunities with new and existing customers by building long-term business relationships with key decision makers. Quality of effort greatly impacts corporate image and revenue stream. Develops and facilitates the proposal process for specific clients including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, and client presentations. Assists in the contract negotiation process.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Prepares and executes business development action plans for specific customer/market targets.
- Manages the development of project proposals and presentations for specified clients and customers. Actively participates in the presentation.
- Communicates the outcome of presentations and relays the specifics of client expectations and other considerations that will influence/impact contract performance.
- Ensures customer data is entered into the CRM system.
- Creates sales opportunities through cold calls, customer contact lists, industry associations, networking events including the follow up process.
- Understands market dynamics and customer goals to proactively approach opportunities and maximize success rates.
- Has working knowledge of company capabilities and capacity and can align targeted opportunities.
- Works with Lean principles to eliminate waste. Acts on input to continuously improve by perfecting existing processes and implementing new ones.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred.
- PE certification or LEED AP is a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience
- Must be able to demonstrate strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Market knowledge.
- Ability to build rapport.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Understands financial models used in fixed price, cost plus and unit rate/price contracting.
- Able to interpret contractual documents, plans, specifications, schematic diagrams and isometric drawings.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and CRM programs