Waldan Paper Services, LLC, located in Oshkosh, WI, is the leading Flexographic Printer and paper converting manufacturer in the mid-west, specializing in Flexographic Printing, Roto Gravure Printing, Converting & Coating, Gift Wrap and Commercial Wall Covering Manufacturing. Since 1981, we have been providing successful solutions and applications for our customers with both our existing product and new product development.
Waldan is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technicians to work Sunday through Thursday on 3rd shift (10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) with some additional weekend hours.
Salary is dependent on experience, $22.00+ per hour.
SUMMARY: Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, including pipe and electrical systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and assist in establishing and conforming to preventative maintenance programs.
- Initiate and follow up on bidding process on construction and materials on an as needed basis.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electrical issues.
- Coordinate and monitor outside contractor activities on work performed in the plant.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Maintain physical structure of establishment and perform minor repairs.
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, machine operating procedures and environmental regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Two years related experience and/or training.
- Industrial mechanical and electrical experience, preferred.
- Combination of equivalent education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good working knowledge of the mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems common in manufacturing, preferably printing and converting equipment, including forklifts, clamp trucks, packaging equipment. Knowledge of all tools utilized in equipment maintenance and repair. Basic computer knowledge. Some knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Good math, mechanical and measuring skills. Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently; ability to read and follow detailed instructions, and think/react quickly to troubleshoot daily mechanical issues. Ability to work the required hours of the position including weekends.
Ability to perform the following activities:
- Lift and carry up to 50; occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Stand and walk for full shift and frequently reach with hands
- Occasionally sit, climb, crawl, crouch, kneel and stoop
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Position will train (1-2 weeks) Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. before going to 3rd shift.