See all jobs in Chatsworth CA
Job Location: Chatsworth, CA
Up to $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Are you an LVN looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then Momentum is the company for you! When you join the Momentum team, you help us promote independence for adults with disabilities.
Momentum is hiring a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to support individuals with disabilities in a group home setting. As an LVN, you provide personalized care for our people supported. Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), you will have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career in healthcare and to develop caring relationships.
Schedule: 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Saturday through Tuesday
Starting Rate of Pay: $26.00/hour + $2,000 Sign on Bonus*
Benefits: We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: health, dental, vision, and life insurance, life assistance program, flexible spending account (FSA), paid holidays, vacation benefits, paid sick leave, paid bereavement leave, credit union benefits and discounts, referral bonus plan, and retirement plan.
- Promotes a friendly, comfortable, and safe environment
- Respects and promotes the right of individuals
- Pass medications and monitor/report any changes in each persons health/condition
- Perform treatments such as oxygen, eye drops, topical ointments, nebulizer, etc.
- Ensure feeding plans are followed
- Perform basic and vital assessments and implement care plans
- Process monthly cycle medications
- Schedule doctors' appointments
- Ensure specialist referrals and appointments are properly scheduled
- Attend and transport people supported to appointments in company vehicle as directed
- Prepare peoples supported charts for doctor rounds
- Receive and record doctors' orders
- Assist physician on rounds
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet department and/or business needs
- Currently licensed by the California State Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians; required
- At least 6 months of work experience as an LVN; preferred
- Experience in the care and treatment of individuals with disabilities; preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California; preferred
*Sign on Bonus will be paid in two payments. First payment will be made after 90 days of employment and second payment will be made after 6 months of employment.
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, Momentum is the largest nonprofit provider of direct support to individuals with disabilities in Southern California.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. Momentum also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.
JOB CODE: 2020-2700 LVN Chatsworth