OnPoint Medical Group is searching for an outstanding Nurse Practitioner (or Physician Assistant) to join our Urgent Care team! Come join a great group of medical professionals as our network continues to grow!
OnPoint Medical Group is a physician-led network of skilled Primary and Urgent care providers who are committed to expanding access to quality healthcare in the most effective and affordable manner possible.
Our "Circle of Care" has one primary goal to ensure the health and wellness of members and their families. We do this by providing access to a comprehensive menu of medical services from one unified physician group in their neighborhoods. With doctors, nurses, specialists, labs and medical records all interlinked and coordinated, patient care has never been in better hands.
The OMG Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for both direct patient care and for other administrative duties as designated by the Medical Director and his/her designee and in accordance with the Colorado Medical Practice Act. The Medical Director will provide the overall direction for all OMG activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary Job Functions
- Practice using sound medical judgment and adhere to all ethical considerations of the practice of medicine; know limitations and seek consult when advisable; keep abreast of current technologies and industry standards, regularly perform:
- Obtain medical histories
- Perform physical examinations and record normal and abnormal findings
- Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- Interpret and integrate findings to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic plans exercising a degree of independent judgment
- Manage medical and surgical emergencies
- Triage patients within the office and per phone calls
- Perform technical medical procedures
- Prescribe or recommend medications
- Administer injections and other treatments
- Suture minor lacerations
- Start IVs
- Obtain throat cultures
- Provide patient education and counseling for all ages
- Provide preventative health care treatment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Participate in out-reach and research activities, as assigned and/or of interest (if approved by administration), that enhance the reputation of the Health Center and are associated with the departments mission
- Monitor and mentor the other staff technicians to ensure continual performance improvement.
- Meet all clinical obligations of the Health Centers medical practice: CLIA medical supervision, drug outlet, co-signing, HIPAA, State and Federal regulations, etc.
- Follow all internal policies and procedures; be accountable for completion of all operational tasks according to departmental guidelines to ensure appropriate clinical processing/documentation
- Continually advise administration of any issues that may impact the practice
- Assist Health Center administration on an as requested basis regarding a multitude of dept. needs
- Patient Care Technician oversight of IV Medical Mixture and Administration
- Patient Care Technician oversight x-ray
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited program of physician assistant studies, certification through National Commission of
- Certification for Physician Assistants Must possess a Medical License through the State of Colorado
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse practitioner studies and licensed through the State of Colorado
Board Certification for specialty
- Strong computer skills required. EMR experience preferred
- IV Certification
- Basic Life Support card
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) card
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) card
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) card
- Athenahealth practice management system
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Provide customer service in accordance to clinic mission
- Demonstrate ability to be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements
- Enact proper chain of command for patient complaints
JOB ELEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OnPoint Medical Group is and EEO Employer.
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- AFLAC Plans
- FSA options
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4% match that vests immediately
- Paid Time-Off earned
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.