Are you a CDL driver that wants to join a growing company that provides good pay and benefits with a safe atmosphere and still allows you to have family time? Keep reading.... You're looking at the right company!
Latham Pool Products stands behind their pools and behind their employees. We understand that you need to earn a living, but you also need family time. Latham gives you the best of both worlds with a competitive salary, Driver Incentive Plan participation, great benefits, 11 paid holidays (that you actually get off), 3 weeks of PTO in your first year, and you will normally have weekends off too!
We operate locally out of Breaux Bridge, LA but our expanding company has many locations across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It is an exciting time to work at Latham Pool Products!
Primary Role: The CDL Driver is responsible for transporting fiberglass pools and other supplies from the distribution center to locations in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and accurately load, unload and deliver fiberglass pools
- Ensure load is properly secured.
- Stay on State permitted route and ensure timely deliveries
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours on an Electronic Log System
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be 21 years of age and have a minimum of 2 years of experience
- A valid Class A CDL Driver's License
- Previous oversize load experience preferred
- Ability to learn basic repair processes
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with pilot drivers when transporting an oversize load
- Good knowledge of roads
- Ability to read customer orders and follow safety regulations
- Must be able to regularly sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone and lift up to 50 pounds
- Travel is required, some overnights. Usually have weekends and holidays off.
Home Plant location: 1407 Anse Broussard Hwy. Breaux Bridge, LA 70517