Primary Role: The Technical Sales Associate will operate in a primary geographic area accelerating the sales and growth objectives of the Fiberglass and Vinyl Packaged Pool product segments, and other products as needed, leveraging their technical acumen and troubleshooting skills. The TSA serves as the technical subject matter expert.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the primary source and point-of-contact for in-field dealer product training and troubleshooting.
- Participates and directs in-field, on-site pool installation dealer training and support.
- Assist with technical training and onboarding of new Latham sales personnel.
- Facilitates in-field warranty claim process support; coordinating warrantee claims and basic repairs with the Warranty Department, assuring first-rate service and satisfaction.
- Participates in Boot Camps, trade shows and other industry events as needed.
- Increases the incremental sales of replacement liners and safety covers, contributing to the company's sales performance.
- Serves as a comprehensive product expert on FG and Vinyl Kit Pools and independently seeks, reports on and makes recommendations on competitive information and activity.
- Ensures the timely and complete entry of all quality and other related issues into the Customer Experience Portal (CEP) credit system for proper approvals and tracking. Engages in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
- Assists sales personnel in achieving their sales objectives and identifying opportunities.
- Provides timely and relevant feedback and recommendations to all stakeholders through reports and regular communications.
- Provides assistance and expertise with cycle counts on pay-as-sold (PAS) inventories at dealer locations.
- Offers expertise and takes ownership of consumer complaints, seeing through to resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree with technical certification and a minimum of five years of technical experience required. A high school diploma may be substituted with commensurate experience and professional training.
- Outstanding teamwork and project management skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Presents a professional image to customers and consumers, serving as a subject matter expert and company representative in all situations.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment where high energy and resiliency are required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work load, set up/maintain files, generate reports as requested, and set and reach goals.
- Ability to independently respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively present information in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Computer skills; intermediate levels in spreadsheet, database and word processing software including Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel). CRM experience preferred.
- Travel requirements: approximately 80% of the time with flexibility for overnight travel as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical abilities lifting, standing, bending, climbing, operation of equipment/machinery, number of pounds to lift/push/pull, etc. include length of time for physical activity when possible (i.e. stand for 4 hours)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.