DASCO IS GROWING! Voted one of the 2019, 2020 and 2021 top places to work in Columbus CEO magazine. JOIN US!
Our benefits include: competitive compensation based on industry standards, an excellent benefits package, which includes: generous 401(k) match with immediate vesting, growth opportunities, health insurance benefit opportunities which include Medical, Dental, Vision, excellent PTO which increases based on tenure, holiday pay, and a fantastic company culture!
The Hospital Liaison serves hospital clients as an expert resource and service-oriented partner in the discharge of patients who require DME and provides clinical insight and education to DASCO patients. This role delivers medical equipment in the hospital and coordinates equipment being delivered to the home. LPN, RN, or RT Licensure required.
- Attends daily discharge planning meetings where applicable, record patient needs, communicate patient information to DASCO staff for benefits verification and inventory confirmation.
- Meets with patient/family/caregiver to review discharge, equipment needs, and identify any additional needs.
- Delivers equipment to patient's room for home transition, educate patient/family/caregiver on use, care and maintenance of equipment, completes necessary paperwork, accurately and patiently answers all questions.
- Maintains working knowledge of home medical equipment and DASCO products and services..
- Manages consignment accounts, including inventory, paperwork, and the consignment process, with efficiency and cost reduction in mind.
- Supports a variety of branch operation functions as needed, which may include inventory, records-keeping, working reports, cross training in the branch and order-entry, while also maintaining policy and procedural compliance with HIPAA, The Joint Commission, State Respiratory Care Board, State Board of Pharmacy, and all other applicable rules and regulations.
- Encourages and grows relationship with hospital partnership team members.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Professional licensure or certification such as Certified, Registered or Licensed Respiratory Therapist, LPN, or RN
- Six months' experience in a clinical services role
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in related field.
- Six months' experience in healthcare/medical/insurance/DME customer service role
- Communication Proficiency
- Stress Management
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but are subject to change based on branch needs.
This job operates primarily in a hospital setting, and also spends some time in a professional office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is typically required to sit; walk; frequently stands, occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include both close and distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Some travel is required between the branch and hospital location. Overnight travel may be required for continuing education and meetings at the corporate office.