Come join our growing team at Johnson Fitness & Wellness! We offer competitive wages, career growth opportunities, and benefit eligibility the first of the month following your start date! If you're passionate about health & fitness, mechanically inclined, have a clean driving record and don't mind a job that involves some lifting, this is the perfect job for you!!
Under the direction of either the Warehouse Manager and/or Delivery Manager, the Delivery & Installation Technician I is responsible delivering and install product in a professional, courteous and safe manner that will leave a positive final impression with our customers. Additional duties will also include shipping and receiving of product.
Shipping, Receiving, and Delivery:
- Loading the delivery truck and verifying that the product loaded into the delivery truck is correct to ensure that the right product leaves the building.
- Deliver the product into customers home/facility in a safe and appropriate manner to avoid damage and injuries.
- Assembling the product correctly and efficiently to ensure the product is in safe working order when they leave the delivery site.
- Have and maintain a safe driving record and a DOT card to drive company vehicles.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees, customers, owners and vendors.
- Deliver product to and remove product from state fairs, home & garden shows, model homes, and any other special events that arise.
- Understand and follow all safety policies.
- Regular inspection of the company vehicle to ensure that the vehicle is in satisfactory condition to be operated.
- Ensure timely invoicing of all deliveries and installations.
- Responsible for safekeeping and the ensuring of authorized use of fuel cards/company issued credit cards.
- Other projects as assigned
Maintain Work Practices:
- Maintain work environment to 5S standards
- Punctual: begins work on time and returns from lunch and breaks on time
- All paperwork and database entries filled out completely and accurately
- Promote a positive team atmosphere with co-workers
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 1 - 2 years of delivery and assembly experience with a strong customer service-oriented background preferred
- A valid driver's license is required for local travel
- Position will be subjected to pre-employment and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) checks. Must be able to successfully pass MVR checks to drive on behalf of the company.
- Must successfully complete DOT certification to drive on behalf of the company.
- Basic computer skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to lift 50 lbs regularly, 100 lbs occasionally and 200+ lbs as a team lift or with material handling equipment, climb a ladder, grasp small objects, and have visual acuity for operating the mechanical tools of the trade. Ability to regularly stand, walk, bend and reach.
- This position will work the majority of the time in the field. A portion of time will be spent in the warehouse which is a standard warehouse operation which can be hazardous with individuals and equipment working in close proximity but majority of the job is on the road or in customer's homes.
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs