VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Medical Assistant
REPORTS TO: Clinic Administrator
ABOUT THE ROLE: Provides assistance to the Physician and Physician Assistants during physical examinations and provide support to the clinic operations to ensure clients receive optimum quality care and services.
- Take and record vital signs as assigned or directed.
- Perform phlebotomy in accordance with procedure.
- Conduct electrocardiograms as indicated or assigned.
- Maintain departmental supplies.
- Assist the medical providers during examinations.
- Perform data entry as assigned.
- Assist in the data entry of status information into the ECW, and AIRS, system.
- Scan all labs, and all patient documents into patients ECW account daily
- Check client insurance status on a daily basis and update insurance status in ECW.
- Current NYS Medical Assistant Certificate
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a health care setting.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with third party payers and managed care organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all populations served.
- Ability to speak read and write the English language.
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish preferred.
- Effective data entry skills.
- Demonstrated proficient and knowledge of Windows computer systems and programs.
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Why Work Here?
Founded in 1974 to fill the need for vital social services in The Bronx, VIP plays a key role in sustaining life in the community.
VIP has long recognized that for treatment to be successful long term, the drug lifestyle has to be replaced with positive elements education, health care, mental health care, job training, life skills and work opportunities. VIP's diverse treatment programs were and remain integrated. VIP is dedicated to empowering its clients with the tools they need to become self-sufficient..Requirements: