See all jobs in Denver NC
Job Location: Denver, NC
Category Senior Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) Carolina
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS! Wexford Housing, a DePaul Senior Living Community, is looking for a passionate personal care leader to join out team. Under the general direction of the Resident Care Coordinator, the Supervisor-in-Charge is responsible for the provision of routine personal care services for his or her shift.
This full-time position is eligible for the following benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Generous PTO & Paid Holidays, 403B, and Employee Discount Programs.
- Prepare, administer, and document medications exhibiting knowledge of policies, procedures and techniques.
- Maintain the supply of medications and the orderliness of the medication cart and room. Return discontinued medications to the pharmacy for credit/disposal.
- Document all communication/contact with the resident's physician. Observe and document the resident's response/lack of response to treatments and medications. Report changes as appropriate to the physician. Interacts professionally with physician's office staff persons.
- Be knowledgeable in the resident's plan of care and assure that the care is given by the personal care assistants.
- Communicate with the resident's family and responsible person.
- Interact with facility staff appropriately in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrate skills to build relationships with residents that are warm, positive, caring and supportive.
- Relates professionally to staff from regulatory agencies.
- Participates in the required twelve (12) hours of in-service education.
- Assists in providing a quiet, therapeutic and homelike environment.
- Monitors the work performance of the personal care aides to assure that residents receive assistance with ADLs in order to be neat, clean and well groomed.
- Participates in accurate shift-to-shift reporting.
- Must be able to document CNA certification or completion of PCA 80 hour training.
- Must be a certified Medication Technician.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in an Adult Care Home
- Must possess a working knowledge of resident care, particularly with the geriatric and adult special care needs population.
- Must have knowledge and awareness of restorative/rehabilitative principles and techniques to help insure that residents maintain the highest level of functioning.
- Must be at least twenty one (21) years of age and hold a high school diploma, GED, or pass the alternative examination established by the North Carolina Department of Human Resources.
- Must have the required references and criminal record check.
- Must have the required two-step Tuberculosis (TB) testing in accordance with HC Adult care Home Rules
The starting rate for this position is $16.00/hour.