See all jobs in Lockport NY
Job Location: Lockport, NY
Category Senior Living
Type Regular Part-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) NY
Heritage Manor Senior Living Community is looking for part-time caregivers to join our team! A a Universal Aide, you will provide direct personal care and assistance to residents as needed. PCA's, CNA's, and HHA's are encouraged to apply!
Giving proper, prompt efficient assistance to residents with supervisor's guidance according to approved methods. Care and economical use of supplies and equipment. Cooperation with other departments and personnel.
Observing no tipping policy and protecting the confidentiality of all residents. Reporting on duty and punching own timecard. Remain on duty until relieved for proper resident safety and care. Using a call sheet to arrange coverage immediately upon answering an employee "Call In". Treats each resident with the proper respect not using obscene talk.
- Reports to Personal Care Station at beginning of shift to relieve staff going off duty and check's schedule for the resident's need for the shift.
- Help all residents to meals at proper times in proper dress.
- Assist residents with bathing as scheduled. Make sure all residents are properly clothed at all times.
- Give daily personal care as required including shaving males when need if they are unable to do so for themselves.
- Shampooing or other hair care as needed.
- Assists with diets by preparing residents, assisting with transport to dining room, watching food intake and reporting any problems to supervisor.
- Serves dining room beverages, assists cutting food, opening packets, etc. Carries trays to temporarily confined residents. Return trays to the kitchen when residents complete meals.
- Perform services such as reading or writing letters, operating televisions, assisting with recreational programs if so assigned.
- Help residents with medications as need with the supervision of the Personal Care Director.
- Assist visitors in a polite manner.
- Assists with admission, inner-facility relocations, facility transfers and resident discharges.
- May accompany residents to appointments outside the facility when assigned by supervisor.
- Assures safety of all residents by sing safety devises and methods.
- Assures comfort of residents with regard to temperature supplies, etc.
- Uses good health practices at all times.
- Regularly and immediately writes incident/ accident reports for any unusual occurrences.
- Observe residents and reports to Personal Care Director any physical conditions, attitudes, reactions, appetites, etc. that may be indicative of a problem or illness situation.
- Chart or record appropriate assignments such as weights, medication etc.
- May perform clerical duties at Personal Care Director's direction.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner.
- Performs cleaning duties not usually done by housekeeping, if directed by the supervisor.
- Gives and receives shift reports at change of shifts.
- Promptly responds to emergency call bells in resident's room.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- CNA, HHA or PCA certification preferred.
- One-year work experience in a care-giving field desired.
- Must be dependable, hardworking, and willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have the required references and criminal record check.
- Must have annual TB screening and Health Assessment completed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read, write, speak clearly, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be willing and able to make decisions independently and to seek guidance from supervisor when appropriate.
- Is understanding of resident needs.
Works inside well lighted and ventilated rooms and halls. Is exposed to peculiarities in behavior and reactions of residents, odors, and possible infection. Assists with emergencies and control of unruly residents.