See all jobs in Cheektowaga NY
Job Location: Cheektowaga, NY
Category Assisted Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department Personal Care
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) NY
$1000 Sign-On Bonus! Glenwell, a DePaul Senior Living Community in Cheektowaga, NY, is looking for a full-time Personal Care Aide/Home Health Aide to join our team on the evening shift! Under the general direction of the Supervisor-In-Charge, provides direct personal care and assistance to residents as needed.
- Provide personal care for each resident assigned by the Supervisor-In-Charge (SIC)
- Observe resident for any change in condition and report to the SIC.
- Assist with maintaining a safe environment
- Assist with meal service and provide eating assistance as necessary.
- Assist with all activities of daily living as needed (shaving, bathing, fingernail care, dressing, toileting, grooming, hair care, oral hygiene, etc.).
- Daily bed making and scheduled bed linen changes.
- Must document all services provided to ALP Residents as indicated on the Aide Activity Sheet before leaving shift.
- Helps to maintain each resident's independence, self-respect, personal dignity and personal safety.
- Assists the Activities Director with planned activities and encourages residents to participate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to provide appropriate PCA / HHA certification as required by New York State.
Must have the required references and criminal record check.
Must have annual TB screening and Health Assessment completed.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Competitive pay rates and benefits for full-time employees!