See all jobs in Cheektowaga NY
Job Location: Cheektowaga, NY
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
$1,000 Sign On Bonus! DePaul is looking for passionate mental health professionals to join our team! We are currently hiring a full-time Residential Services Coordinator at our Apple Blossom Apartment Treatment Program in Cheektowaga, NY. The Residential Service Coordinator assumes primary responsibility for developing Resident Service Plans (RSP), performing and coordinating the services and functions necessary to enhance the resident's autonomy, quality of life, and recovery process.
The rate for this position is $19.50/hour.
This full-time position is eligible for the following benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Generous PTO & Paid Holidays, 403B, and Employee Discount Programs.
Area of Responsibilities:
- Develops the overall Residential Service Plan with the resident and his or her support network by identifying the individual's needs and desires in an effort to maintain placement and / or progress to more independent housing.
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 595 and 593 including the following rehabilitative services: Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management / Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
- Ensure that each resident receives comprehensive planning in a person centered approach for; admission (including the completion of admission notes), on-going recovery oriented services, and discharge. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards of practice and the New York State Office of Mental Health.
- Participates in monthly meeting with Primary Counselor and Resident to monitor recovery efforts, progress and changes needed in plans and ensure delivery of services in accordance with each resident's service plan.
- Conducts at minimum quarterly reviews of the Residential Service Plan with the individual in an effort to ascertain the degree of progress and to make revisions when necessary.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Counselors to ensure Counselors observe, monitor, document, and report resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Counselors to schedule or ensure that annual appointments for physicals, eye exams, and dental appointments are scheduled. Ensures that transportation is arranged for these appointments (when appropriate).
- Works collaboratively with the resident's community service providers to ensure continuity of care (care managers, clinical, medical, educational, vocational, and entitlement specialists, etc.). Makes appropriate referrals to these services when needed.
- Serves as the key liaison between the resident and his / her clinical provider with regard to the monitoring of the individual's mental health and well-being. Works with the Primary Counselor to keep the resident engaged in clinical services through regular attendance.
- Help residents to plan for the purchasing of clothes and other necessities.
- Works with residents to encourage a healthy connection with family and community ties and to develop new supports and interests.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff, guests, and service providers.
- Provide safe transporting of residents when needed.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents, and staff.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program.
Education & Experience: QMHS Standard Bachelor's degree in Human Service field or an Associate's degree in Human Service field plus three years of FT related experience or a High School Diploma plus five years of FT Human Service experience. This position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy.