See all jobs in North Tonawanda NY
Job Location: North Tonawanda, NY
Category Assisted Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) NY
$1000 Sign-On Bonus! Wheatfield Commons, a DePaul Senior Living Community in North Tonawanda, is looking for a passionate caretaker to join our team on the day shift! Under the general direction of the Supervisor-In-Charge, the Resident Care Assistant provides direct personal care and assistance to residents as needed. PCA's, HHA's, CNA's are encouraged to apply!
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude toward all residents, staff and guests
- Assists residents with bathing, personal care and oral hygiene.
- Assists residents with choice of attire and care of clothing.
- Reminds residents of meal times and monitors meal attendance..
- Makes beds daily and changes bedding and linens weekly or as needed.
- Performs rounds on each resident at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Documents and reports all concerns to the supervisor; (i.e. changes in behavior, evidence of illness etc.)
- Assists relatives, guests and visitors as needed or requested. Will also assist with room preparation and welcome of new residents.
- Reminds residents of medication times.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services when requested.
- Keeps scheduled shifts and plans time off in advance with the supervisor.
- Performs housekeeping duties and laundry as scheduled needed or requested.
- Inspects building areas and furnishings for wear and defects, completes maintenance requests.
- Assists with activity programs as requested.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- CNA, HHA or PCA certification preferred.
- One year work experience in a care-giving field desired.
- Must be dependable, hardworking and willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have the required references and criminal record check.
- Must have annual TB screening and Health Assessment completed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Warmth, understanding and responsiveness to residents and their demands and reactions.
- Positive feeling for families and visitors, exercising patience and tact.
- Ability to use initiative, judgment and resourcefulness and ability to make decisions.